Many advertisers nowadays are turning to online banner ads as an affordable advertising solution. These ads are also known as display ads, although they may appear in other places such as a news article or even a video. With the growing prevalence of online advertising, many businesses have begun to take advantage of this advertising channel and many advertisers have started to advertise their services on websites for various reasons.
The best way to understand whether online advertising is right for your business is by understanding its advantages and disadvantages. Read on to learn more:
What is an Online Banner Ad?
Banners are a type of display ad that typically appear at the top and/or bottom of websites. When placed there, they take up as much vertical space as a large poster would usually take up on the wall or the ceiling. The primary appeal of online banner ads is the convenience of placing them anywhere on a website. Advertisers can also use this format to drive traffic to their website as visitors to websites spend more time with banner ads than with other ad formats.
Online banner ads are a type of display ad that appears on top or bottom of websites. They are also called “banner ads.” Companies use them to promote their products, events, and services. The ads are often located on the sides of websites or even at the top or bottom of a webpage. They may also be embedded into articles and videos.
Advantages of Online Banner Ads
- Boosts Page Views - Banner ads can increase the number of page views. They can also encourage website visitors to click on the ads, which also boosts the number of page views.
- Boosts Sales - In the recent years, companies that use banner ads have seen a boost in sales. This is mainly because of the increase in number of page views.
- Cheap and Easy - Banner ads are simple and easy to use. They are also inexpensive. You do not need to hire an ad agency or spend a lot of money on advertising.
- Increased Brand Recognition - Banner ads tend to get a lot of attention. People notice these ads and notice the brand that is advertising. This helps build brand recognition and increase the recognition of the brand.
Disadvantages of Online Banner Ads
- Not Well-Designed - Banner ads may cause distraction while reading articles and watching videos because they take the entire top or bottom area of the webpage. This makes them less appealing to readers and viewers.
- Not Eye-Catching - Banner ads are frequently not eye-catching enough to get the reader’s attention. They also do not have an interesting enough design to keep the reader’s interest. This makes it difficult for the reader to focus on the article and video they are reading or watching.
- Not Linked to Clicks - The main problem with online banner ads is that they some of them do not have a mechanism that tracks whether the reader has actually clicked on the ad or not.
Should you use online banner ads?
If you are looking for an inexpensive method of advertising your products and services to potential customers, then you should use online banner ads. These ads can be placed on top or bottom of websites. However, if you expect to boost sales by increasing the number of page views or if you wish to build brand recognition, then you should use other advertising channels such as paid search ads. This is because some online banner ads do not have a mechanism that tracks whether the reader has actually clicked on the ad or not.
5 Tips for Successful Online Banner Ads
- Target Your Audience - It is important to know who will see your banner ads. You can find out who your target audience is by using online tools that track the interests of your readers and viewers.
- Design Your Ads - Make sure that your banner ads have an interesting design and are eye-catching. This can help you get the reader’s attention while they are browsing on the website.
- Use Captivating Headlines - Your headline is the first thing that a reader sees in a banner ad. If you want the reader to notice your ad, you need to make sure that your headline is interesting and captivating.
- Add Links to Your Ads - If you are driving people to your website, make sure that you include links in your banner ads. People will be more likely to click on your links if they are in the ad.
- Target Your Ads - For maximum effectiveness, target your ads with adsense or other online tools to reach the people who are most likely to click on your ads.
- Make Your Ads Last - For maximum impact, make your banner ads last for a few seconds before the page scrolls faster.
Summing up: Are online banner ads right for you?
Online banner ads can be effective at boosting the number of page views on a website and the amount of revenue that the website generates. However, they do not have the ability to track whether the reader has actually clicked on the ad or not. Furthermore, they do not have an interesting enough design to keep the readers’ attention. This makes it difficult for the reader to focus on the article and video they are reading or watching.
Therefore, online banner ads can be effective, but you need to target your audience, design your ads, use captivating headlines, add links to your ads, target your ads, and make your ads last.